So we decided to stick with the original plan on the front end. We finally found the 2 pieces we need to do this our way. Thanx to eddy our colleague @ work who had them laying around. If you take a look at the pics you'll understand how we gonna make the covers and yokes. The holes in the lower yoke are made cone on the lathe so the clamps fits perfect. The ring for clamping is tailored to the inner diameter of the upper tube which is gonna be cone (the chrome ones in the last pic) so the tube clamps and sticks at its place between the yokes. The holes in the top yoke are gonna be blind. The lower cover tubes will be welded on the lower yoke and need to cut off on the right lenght.